Monday, June 2, 2008

Pregnancy Update

So, it looks like I have lots to report today.....3 posts in 1 day; that's a record!

Had a doc appt today. Nothing too exciting. I am dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. To some of you this sounds like labor. Not in my world. If you were around for the last pregnancy you will probably remember that I was a 4(or 5, can't remember exactly) and 90% when I went in for my INDUCTION. Yes, even after progressing so much, I still had to be induced!

Soooo, this is NOTHING to get excited about.....in fact it is really just a teaser!

I am pretty nervous about going into spontaneous labor since I didn't do that last time. I just want to know when I am actually in labor and I want to know when to head up to the hospital. One benefit of progressing so much before labor is that the labor is SHORT. Though this could be bad if I wait forever to go to the hospital.

I am also nervous that Josh will be out of town when I do go into labor. My chances of this are MUCH greater than the chances of him actually being here. He is typically out of town late Monday, early Tuesday to Friday afternoon, every week. Depending on where he is, he could make it home in 3-5 hours, but if the last delivery is any indication of this one, that might not be enough time. ALSO, not next week, but the next, he will be in Connecticut!!!! My guess is that he WILL miss the birth if I end up having him that week. Please pray that this does not happen.....he would be devastated and so would I! We are both nervous as time nears so please just keep us in your prayers!


Speaking of baby stuff, Mom got the bed painted and put back together today!!!! It looks awesome! She is crazy for taking this project on....(her idea, not mine). So, the room is painted, the bed is painted and all of the bedding is made. When we get it all together, I will take a pic and post it.


Oh, and I also made a nursing shawl today. I used the Hooter Hider idea but a pattern from Mavis. I followed the pattern....though I wish I hadn't. There are a few things I would like to change but here is the finished product. (yes, I am acting like I am "using" it)


I am amazed at what these cost considering it took less than $10 and about an hour to make! Guess it just goes to show that creative people who can "make anything they see" aren't everywhere!


My next baby project is swaddle blankets that Misty introduced me to. I really loved them and asked where she got them. I checked them out at Lone Star Baby and OH MY GOSH.....3 of them cost a whoppin' $42!!! WOW....never in my wildest dreams would I think of paying $42 for swaddle blankets. They have gotten excellent reviews but STILL! SO, anyway, I am going to see if I can find some comparable fabric.....that's what makes them so special. I know that whatever I find won't have cute little baby designs all over but WHO CARES! They didn't even hem these suckers, just serged them!!!! If this works out, I will let you know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails