Sunday, June 22, 2008

My poor baby girl!

Oh my! This has been an ongoing problem with Samara but last night was, by far, the worst. For some reason she occasionally has diarrhea and inevitably when this happens she gets a terrible diaper rash. This happened again last night and she was SOOO blistered! She would sob because she was in so much pain. When we tried to change her diaper she would flinch every time we even touched the area! THEN, about 3 last night she woke up sobbing. I thought she just lost her paci so I went to get her back in bed and she was crying and saying "tee tee", which meant that she was hurting. I took off her diaper and she was just shaking she was in so much pain. The blistering was so bad it was almost purple and was so swollen. It was breaking my heart. It isn't very often that she cries with tears and they were just streaming down her face! She was screaming and I could barely get another diaper on and "medicine" on her bottom! Today hasn't been much better. The blistering is still there, although it is a little better. She has been super fussy all day and so clingy!

Anyway, all this to tell you that you can be in prayer about this. After talking to several people, Josh & I have decided that this is not normal and we need to figure out what is going on. I will ask the doc the next time we go in. She has always been sensitive to particular wipes and diapers so maybe this is as simple as hyper-sensitive skin. I just want to figure out what is going on so that we don't have to go through this again. I feel so bad for that little girl!

Besides all of that, we had a pretty good day yesterday. I was on a role.....wanting everything in order. I worked on getting things out of the attic that needed to be sold or things for the baby that needed to be brought down (breast pump, bottles, etc.) We put the cradle together and I went through all of my old 2/4 clothes to list on Craig's list (yes, I finally gave up on the idea that I would get there again, or they would all be so old and out of date by the time I did get there that the $ would be much more useful right now) We went to Joey & Melissa's in the afternoon and traded clothes for the kiddos. When we got home I went through the small stuff and hung up or folded all of that stuff! FUN! So strange to be dealing with boy clothes! I stayed quite busy this weekend! I am trying to keep myself busy so that I don't have to think about when I am going to go into labor! I think it is safe to say that I have been obsessing! I just keep thinking that it has to be near!

Hoping to post pics of my little one soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails