Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So Pumped!

Ok, so I have been doing this CVS thing for several months now and have seen the power in stockpiling(I should take pictures for you).....it has been AMAZING how much money we have saved. If I ran out of something previous to this, we always went to the store and bought whatever we needed. Of course I thought I was being thrifty by buying what was on sale but I had NO idea. This stockpiling thing is a whole new world! I have not only been able to get a good stock for our family but I have soooo much that I am going to be able to donate!

Just an example:

Intuition razors (this is the ONLY razor I will use....one of those "no compromise" things). They typically run $10 for replacement cartridges and I have about 5 of those boxes in my cabinet that I paid no more than $2 for. WOW! That is just the beginning.

I have like a million boxes of toothpaste and toothbrushes out the wazoo but that isn't the stuff that really makes the difference....they are fairly cheap. It is the cosmetics, face cleansers, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shave gel, etc. that really add up and make a big difference. And, I don't have to use off brand stuff.....everything I get is name brand for the most part!

ANYWAY, enough about that....on to what I am totally pumped about. I started doing my grocery shopping this week in the same way. We are pretty tight on the funds right now so I was concerned with my grocery bill.....I thought, I know other people get really good deals at their grocery stores, why not me? I knew that this was an option all along but it just seemed way to overwhelming.....I guess doing the CVS'ing has prepared me!

I signed up for a $1 trial of The Grocery Game and it was a lifesaver. The last time I tried the supermarkets, I gave up because I was trying to do it on my own. I made a list of all the stockpile deals and then added the things that we really need at the house. From the list of things we NEED, I went to CouponMom and checked their coupon database to see if I had any coupons to match. Oh ya, and also, if you shop at Kroger you can go to their website and load coupons directly onto your card and it will come off automatically when you purchase those things.

I paid $78.64 & saved $102.91. I know that this is nothing compared to what some can do (I will get there) but I have been paying full price for everything so this was FANTASTIC!

Here is what I got for $78.64:

Charmin 6ct
Spray & Wash
CoffeeMate Creamer
Gillette BodyWash
Kleenex- 3pk
Bounty- single roll
Cool Whip
2 Russet Baking Potatoes
Huge package of chicken drumsticks- fresh
Huge package of chicken breasts- fresh
Sliced deli cheese
5 Lady Speed Stick Deo
5 SoftSoap liquid hand soap
Froot Loops Straws
Tyson Patties- box
Tyson Nuggets- box
2- Tyson Tenders- box
Bacon
4- BallPark Hot Dogs
2- Apple Juice
2- Large sour cream
Lysol Mold & Mildew
5- Irish Spring bar soap 3 pk
Gallon Milk
2- 2 Liters
Bread
Eggs
9- Powerade
Frozen Veggies
2 Apples
Grapes
Cantaloupe
Pineapple
Blueberries
Bananas

AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to get good at this!

Oh, and I did this with both of the kiddos!!!!!!! (I had him in the sling and her in the little car on the front of the buggy) I honestly didn't think I would get it all done with her but it must have been a nice break from our dungeon because she was GREAT! YAY God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind me asking how on earth you did that?! My goodness I could use a those savings!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails