Saturday, July 19, 2008

So much to say!

Isn't he sweet!

While I would LOVE to be one of those bloggers that people stumble upon and bookmark, I am not. I honestly don't know how there is enough unique information for all the blogs that are out there already. So here I am, writing about what I know....my life!

There are so many things I could write about that I get overwhelmed trying to decide what you want to know. While it makes me feel special that people care enough about what's going on in my life to come here and catch up, I am doing this partly for my own record. That said, I will likely share whatever I think I might want to remember later.....well, within reason because I am certain I will forget most everything.

THE HUNGRY LITTLE BOOGER

I tell you....this kiddo eats like a savage beast. At this age, they should be eating approx. 3oz every 3 hours. NOT HIM! Every 3 hours I breastfeed him and then, because he acts like he is still STARVING, I feed him a bottle. He will typically take a 4oz bottle! Wow! Will he be a monster like his cousin? I am beginning to wonder.

IT'S BOKE

Ms. Meredith brought Samie a coloring book and colors and she has been in heaven ever since. We have to color like 5 times a day. Yesterday we were coloring when she picked up a white crayon and began to scribble. She looked at it all confused and then looked up and said, "Mommy, boke." (That's toddler talk for "broke") It was soooo cute.....she didn't understand why she couldn't see her scribbles, she wanted me to fix it....precious!

This is my budding artist before she got her new crayons.....the crayons in the pic are made for toddlers (TaDoodles Crayon Buddies) but all she wanted to do was take the crayon out of the plastic thing and throw the plastic thing on the floor (it does kind of look like a top!)....in the deal or dud category I would definitely say, they're a DUD!

SICK

We had an inkling that Sam had not been feeling well. She has had a runny nose for the past few days but that really isn't anything too alarming considering she has bad allergies. She has also been super fussy and clingy even when she has gotten good sleep (which we were still attributing to Spencer). She hasn't had a temperature so we really just assumed it was allergies. UNTIL......I started feeling yucky also! This REALLY stinks by the way, because we had a date night planned for tonight! Guess it will just have to wait.

In addition we noticed that she has been falling a BUNCH! I am pretty sure the falling was due to equilibrium issues. Here is the result of one of the falls.....

BOYS

Ok, so that is a generalization but still. I took Sam over to Mom's to play with her cousins again. Around lunch time, in comes Papa.....holding a box of Popsicles. Never mind that Mom was working to lay them down for a nap at the time. He drags Sam out onto the back porch to enjoy his sweet treat. As you can see from the picture, she has on one shoe (on the wrong foot, mind you) and no clothes (which I suppose worked out for Nini's benefit considering Papa would not have thought to remove the clothes before letting her indulge in the dripping sticky mess) After she had finished, he brings her in (at arms length) to be cleaned up.

That's not the end of the BOY drama though. Papa had put her to sleep (sweet of him considering he interrupted that process in the first place) and when I went to retrieve her after her nap I saw that she was still only wearing the single shoe. Now, I could be wrong here, but a woman would not have put her to bed naked with only one shoe....or any shoes for that matter. Why is it that we think important that which is so trivial?......she certainly didn't care.


IRONIC

Isn't it ironic that the things we are not supposed to do with our children are precisely the things they want to do? He doesn't even know that I don't want him doing this and yet he is already fighting me. What rebellion I must be in for!!!!!!! Here is the little stinker asleep.....on his tummy......his favorite way to slumber!


And here is my little punk with a serious attitude......Josh has this same expression and I call it, "The Look". It seems that they think it has some special powers! He he.....you don't scare me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails