Thursday, August 21, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

It was 5 years ago today that Josh and I vowed to spend the rest of our lives together. I wanted to revisit those years with J-Dub and thought you might enjoy tagging along

For this reason a man will leave his Father & Mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
~Genesis 2: 24


(Not that either of us had much leaving to do.....or so we thought. We have always been pretty independent (aka. rebellious) so we didn't think we would have to much to leave behind. I suppose God knew what he was talking about when he put this verse in the Bible.)










Aren't we cute! (I just had to add this)















And I had to add this one just to remind us of what we once looked like! (I am pretty certain I didn't have to suck my stomach in for this one!)


As I was thinking over the past five years and ran across these pictures of our honeymoon I was struck by the thought that our honeymoon seems to be a foreshadowing of our marriage. The picture on the left is of Cabo San Lucas when we arrived.....during a tropical storm. The picture on the right is a few days into our honeymoon after the storm had passed and things were absolutely gorgeous!

Our marriage seemed to start with a storm! I feel like God has dealt us a difficult hand but just as we were the only ones not running from the storm in Cabo.....we have stood strong, stuck it out and God has blessed us. I know that things will only get more and more beautiful. I thank you for all of the hard work you have put into our marriage. You have an amazing love for your family and we are blessed!


In 2003 we found out we got pregnant on the honeymoon, we also found out that we had a miscarriage, we got a dog to help with the pain, I had a long lost friend return to my life and accept Christ and I moved job locations.

Foxy

In 2004 we moved to Mom & Dad's while they were living out of town, we took a trip to D.C., you lost your job, you got a new job, we bought a truck, and our niece was born!

In 2005 we bought our first house, we had a friend live with us while going through a divorce, my best friend moved to Alabama, you got a new job, Joey & Melissa got married and we took a trip to Puerta Aventuras!

I put this particular picture here because we chose this house for the wonderful backyard.


And this is our trip to Puerta Aventuras!


In 2006 we started going to NRHBC, watched my best friend divorce, Matt & Kacey got married, we had to get rid of Psycho (our cat), Samara was born, and our nephew was born.


In 2007 I quit Mardel, I started keeping Samuel and another nephew was born.

Samara & Samuel

In 2008 you started a new position at work, I spent a week in the hospital, Spencer was born and we will have another niece and nephew before the year is over!


It has been a wild ride! I feel so blessed to have all that I have and I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who knows how to make me feel like a queen! Thank you for working so hard and allowing me to stay home with the kiddos! God knew what he was doing when he put us together and I am so grateful for the ways that he has and is using you to refine me! You are an AMAZING Father and it is a joy to watch you love on our children!

I love you with all my heart!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails