Friday, August 15, 2008

Banana Bread

Lately I have been in the mood to cook. I also have been getting tired of feeding Sam the same old thing every stinkin' morning! Sooo, I found this recipe for banana bread. Let me explain to you that I had no clue what I was doing. For example.....the recipe called for a loaf pan....funny enough, I wasn't sure I had a loaf pan and once I found it, I wasn't sure if they were all a standard size or what. It ended up working out....thank goodness!

I thought I would share the easiest recipe that is quite tasty and CHEAP. Cheap is good!

Quick and Easy Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf

Make ahead and freeze or refrigerate to use later for
breakfasts. Slices of this bread also make a great afternoon snack!

2 tsp. butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 ripe bananas, mashed
½ tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. milk
Confectioner’s sugar (for dusting)

Preheat oven to 350°. Stir flour, soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside. Combine
oil and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, banana, vanilla, and milk. Add flour mixture and
blend until just combined. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted into
the center comes out dry – about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and
transfer to wire rack. Wrap with plastic wrap and/or foil and refrigerate or freeze. May dust
with confectioner’s sugar before serving.

I didn't even add the powdered sugar and it was still fantastic and Sam loved it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails