Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GIVING THANKS!

Is there really anything I CAN'T give thanks for? Even if I wasn't called to give thanks in all situations, I still would be able to give thanks for ALL things in my life.

I do think that some things in life are both a blessing and a curse.....things that are enjoyable but pull me away from the thing that matters most....my God.

I AM BLESSED.

I feel like writing out SOME things I am thankful for......no matter how long I make this list it will still be condensed.....

1. FIRST and FOREMOST I am thankful that God chased me down.....that even though I never went looking for Him, he put all the right things in my life at the right time and the Holy Spirit changed me......that He deemed me worthy of sending his Son to die on the cross for my sins.
2. I am thankful for the most AMAZING family. While I know that you may have the most amazing family for YOU, I have the most AMAZING family for ME. He has given me just what I need.
3. I am thankful for a husband that loves me.
4. I am thankful for healthy children.
5. I am thankful that Josh has a job and that I can stay home with the kiddos.
5. I am thankful for the house He has given us.
6. I am thankful that every single day of my life I have had food to eat and even more that I have always had food for my children to eat.
7. I am thankful that we have a wonderful church home and a great group of people to fellowship with.
8. I am thankful that I have clothes to wear that are appropriate for every season and that I can clothe my children.
9. I am thankful that we have 2 vehicles (and I would still be thankful if we had only 1)
10. I am thankful that I have a computer and the ability to get on the Internet.
11. I am thankful that I have a sewing machine.
12. I am thankful that my parents are still married and their parents are still married. (my Dad's parents are both deceased but they were still married when they died)(how many people can say that?)(it is a legacy that I am committed to uphold as well)
13. I am thankful that I live in a country where I am free.
14. I am thankful that I have a Bible (actually an abundance of Bibles)
15. I am thankful for beautiful weather.
16. I am thankful for butterflies (they remind me of my spiritual self every time I see one)
17. I am thankful for clean, warm, running water in my home.
18. I am thankful for electricity.
19. I am thankful for washing machines and dishwashers.
20. I am thankful that Sam has every toy under the sun that she could ever dream of wanting to play with (ok, so I'm not so thankful for the ridiculous number but I am at least thankful that she has toys)

OK.....like I said.....the list could go on......I will spare you as I'm sure you stopped at #2......and I am sure I will post this and then think....."how could I not put that one"........but you can certainly tell that I am BLESSED!

*UPDATE* OK, I somehow managed to forget a VERY important one.
~I am thankful to have a to have a camera.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails