Monday, December 29, 2008

A good laugh

As I was searching for some simple verses to teach Samara I ran across this site. I am not one to dismiss teaching before reading and testing it against the Word. I typically find that most conservative teachings line up with what I believe so I don't let denominational titles get in my way.

There seem to be some really great biblical teachings on this site as well as some shady stuff. From what I can tell these are KJV only fundamental Baptists and they believe in things like men keeping their hair short, women wearing skirts, etc. There were a few things that caught my eye but this one I just couldn't keep to myself......

The baby should sleep all night. Early the child should be made to conform to the sleep requirements of Mom and Dad. When a child cries at night he is either hungry, dirty, stuck with a pin or sick. In every case there should be some relief available. If none of the foregoing is true, I would suggest a spanking and let the baby cry himself to sleep. If crying persists, you may want to move the child to another room out of earshot. It is essential that Mom and Dad get their proper rest.

I'm pretty sure I could read that a hundred times and get a giggle every time. It is just funny. Seriously.....does your Bible say that? I mean, I have no problem giving Sam a good smack on the hiney when she needs it, but really? an infant? The whole paragraph just seems so cruel and self serving.....and funny.......goofy funny......

this one is pretty comical too.....

The baby's crying might better be stopped with a spanking than by picking him up. If there are not tears, you can safely assume that it is self-will asserting itself. Grandparents tend to spoil babies by picking them up often. This should be discouraged.

those durn grandparents, what are we going to do with them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim said he was glad he checked Morgan's diaper last night when she woke up before he gave her a spanking. That is too funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails