Thursday, December 11, 2008

Did You Know?

My FAVORITE TV show ever is in Keller, TX......just 15 minutes away! Extreme Home Makeover is here this week building a house for the Augustin Family. They seem like a very neat family. I can't wait to see the episode.......there is just something extra cool about having it happen in your backyard! I have always thought this show is the best representation of Christ in the secular world and it warms my heart EVERY time!

And I just had to mention this because I think it is so cool. You can see from this destruction photo that someone wrote a prayer or a verse or something on the Sheetrock. I have heard of this......as they are building your home, go in and write scripture on the Sheetrock so that your house will be bathed in the Word.....I have always thought that was the coolest idea! Anyway......just thought it was cool so I had to share!


UPDATE: So....I get my researchyness (yes, I know it's not a word) from my Dad and he actually thought to Google what he could read. Turns out they are lyrics to a song "Still". They must have written them recently because their house was destroyed by flood waters. How cool! Makes me wonder if I would see this tragedy as they did!

STILL

Hide me now, under Your wings.
Cover me within Your mighty hand.

Chorus:
When the oceans rise
and thunders roar.
I will soar with You, above the storm
Father You are king over the flood,
I will be still and know You are God.

Find rest my soul in Christ alone,
Know his power, in quiteness and trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Girl - we need to talk..... you amaze me more everytime I get to come and catch up on your life.

Chris' brother knows the family and says they are wonderful!! Funny how a TV show can tie families together...

Would love to see you sometime!
Katrina (Hunter) Ball

Related Posts with Thumbnails