Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dumb & Thankful

Well, I finally have my microwave back! For those of you who don't know, I have been without a microwave for over a month now. It has been interesting to say the least but doable.......gives you a little more respect for the people back in the day.

The reason I have been without is because one day the breaker blew and we couldn't figure out how to get it to work again......Josh tried another breaker & a larger breaker and neither worked. I had my Dad check into getting an electrician out here (my Dad has connections). Must have been the Lord that he wasn't able to get anyone out here!

While out to dinner with one of Josh's customers he just happened to ask if he knew anything about electricity......and he did! So we explained the problem and what we had done to try to remedy the problem and he says, "You haven't seen anything spark or anything like that?" Ummmm, yes, as a matter of fact I have.

I should have STUPID stamped across my forehead for this one.

When I went to get something out of the cabinet over the microwave I accidentally bumped the wires and noticed it spark. I really didn't think too much about it since it had happened before. (NICE!) I realize now that the next time I tried to use the microwave, the lights in the laundry room popped and then realized the breaker had been blown. I tried to turn it back on but figured out that I couldn't just flip it back on. Honestly, I didn't think this was that big of a deal because the spark had happened before and I mentioned it to Josh with no reaction. If you know Josh, he doesn't hear everything he acts like he hears. He dismissed it at the time and I did not realize it was because he wasn't actually listening!

No matter, when we got home Josh connected the wires again and put wire nuts on and everything works like a charm. Seriously.....if you like me you should be thanking God that I am still alive! I can't help it that I am a do-do and I guess He cuts me some slack because He knows it too!

I can see my Dad right now, head down shaking, saying, "Oh Reagan." This isn't the first time I have accidentally done something dangerous! Oh well! We are okay and all is well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails