I must admit that I really love my binder. I made it purdy so that I might actually use it & it has really helped! I have gone from a 2" binder to a big fat 3" binder though. I store a bunch of stuff in it.....but it is doing the job of my brain while the real one is taking a hiatus. It really helps to have a central place to put stuff. I new it was a winner when my husband asked me where the referral the doctor had written him (6 months earlier) was & I walked right to my binder, turned to his pouch & pulled it out!!!! Before the binder it would have been lost in one of the 50 piles that magically appear around my house.
I used many different sources when coming up with the perfect binder for my household. I will list a few at the end of the post if you are interested in building your own.
Without further ado......the contents of my binder.
Super Mom vs Abiding Mom
- Clear sleeve for each member of the family. Put things like birthday invitations, doctor's notes, a running list of their personality, likes/dislikes, etc. at different points in their lives. Basically anything I want to keep for that person. Much of the time I will move the things in those sleeves over into their personal file but that is a good temporary place to keep things.
- A sleeve for business cards, phone lists, etc.
- My master address list.
- A running list of random phone numbers/addresses.
- Our medications (Name, RX #, Dosage, What pharmacy & a pharmacy phone #)
- A list of accounts
- My wish list
- 30 Meals Plan master list
- Menu plan blanks in a page protector
- Fun ideas, random interesting food related articles
- Coupon clipping information
- Pantry Inventory (which is still blank.....I keep thinking that if it stays in there it will eventually get done)
- Menu planning information
- My Daily To Do Checklist
- My Daily Schedule
- Scheduling articles
- Paint chips with the name of the room
- Plumbing, cable etc. receipts
- Organizational tips & tricks, articles, etc.
- Decorating stuff
- Cleaner recipes
- Stain removal guide
Gardening Divider- This is one of those wishful thinking, for the future dividers. I would love to one day have a garden, so right now I am storing ideas, articles, tips, tricks, pictures, etc. Eventually, when I actually start the garden I plan to have my garden plan, my seed packets, my time journal, etc. included here.
To Do Divider-
- Daily Docket
- Weekly Goals
- Master Cleaning List
- Blog Topics List
- Master Household Running To Do List
- Any paperwork pertaining to something on my to do list
- Children's Bible study info
- Character Qualities chart
- Activities for kids
- Developmental guidelines
- Birthday planning pages
- Christmas gift list
- Holiday activities for kids
- Advent list
- Contents of gift closet
- Inspiration & ideas from magazines
- Project list
- Prayer request list
- Weekly prayer sheet
- Handouts or sermon notes that don't really have another place
- Ministry ideas
- Mission newsletters
- Blank copy of the budget worksheet
- Current budget we are using
I use so much of Simple Mom's stuff. I use many of her downloads & have printed many articles to put in my binder. She has a ton of great information on her site.
This is basically where I started & every idea I got branched off, in one way or another, from this post.
Also, you can take a look at my Busy At Home board on Pinterest for some additional resources.