Sunday, February 20, 2011

The BIG one!

 30

Seriously......I can't imagine another birthday being as depressing as this one.  Ya ya ya.....it's just a number.......You're only as old as you act.....blah blah blah.  None of that means squat when you are facing the big 3-0!  I just can't believe it's here.  It makes me feel all grown up.  Like a real adult.  You would think having 4 kids would have taken care of that but it just hasn't.  Sometimes I wake up & think, "am I really in charge of all these kids?  Like, to not just take care of them but teach them about Jesus, & life & character & all that other important stuff?  I always remember people like that having it all together & being so mature."  Just doesn't feel real sometimes.

And then reality hits me like a freight train when I look in the mirror & see that gravity has already left its pretty little imprint on my body.  THIS my dear friends is not a happy realization.  But, I then remind myself that beauty is fleeting & a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  And I am able to rejoice once again!

I feel so blessed, at the age of 30, to have all that I do.  To God be the glory!

I attended The Great Marriage Experience this weekend at my church.  It was good......but even before I have had much time to process all that was taught, it was such a huge affirmation of where God has taken Josh & I over the past 7 years. 

I think it would be safe to tell you that Josh & I had a very rocky first 5 years of marriage.  There were several instances where I honestly didn't think the marriage was going to make it.  Close family & my best friends could certainly testify to the fact that we did not have a "good" marriage. 

Thankfully, the bad has turned to good as a supernatural transformation of our marriage has taken place.  I was AMAZED when the speakers went through things that we should be doing to have a great, lasting marriage & we were already doing SOOO many of them.  God has sooo blessed our marriage & I am just so grateful for a wonderful, teachable, loving husband who has humbled his heart before the Lord.

On my 30th birthday I will celebrate a wonderful marriage & an amazing husband.  I will celebrate 4 incredible children who fill my life with joy.  I will celebrate awesome parents who have been such a HUGE blessing in my life & to whom I am so grateful for the example of perseverance. I will celebrate a group of friends that I can share my heart with & do life with.  And finally, and most importantly I will celebrate the fact that 10 years ago Christ came into my life & turned it upside down & inside out & that he now resides in my heart & is Lord over my life!  Hallelujah!

I am truly truly blessed on this 30th birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Brenners said...

Happy Birthday! I so hear ya on the "welcome to the 30's" realization. I turned 30 the day my 3rd child was born. I thought I'd eventually get used to the idea of bein in my 30s... but I just haven't. I still feel so old when I stop and think about my age. I mean seriously, it's like you're young and still growing up until you hit 30. Then there's not platuea... it's just downhill from there. You're just plain old. lol.

And when I think abou the fact that I have four kids that are MY OWN, I just feel incredibly... well, like an adult. Like I'm in the "uncool cause you're just a middle aged mom" group. Sigh.

I'm prasing God with you for your strong marriage. You may have noticed I have eluded to a very painful time about 2 years ago... that was due to a huge "trip and fall" in our marriage. We can only contribute our great marriage now to God's sovereignty and love. Only He can bring such repentence, forgiveness, and healing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails